Tuesday 24 February 2009

Swaddle Pods at 4little1s.com

Have you heard of a Swaddle Pod?!

Swaddle Pods

There is a lot of talk about attachment parenting at the moment and lots of evidence that having your baby close to you and swaddled is better for the baby in that they are more settled and content. Really no surprises there! It seems common sense, yet we seem to have forgotten some of the essential parts of bringing up children. I discovered something recently, called Swaddle Pods.

Swaddle Pods seem to me to be a most obvious idea .... babies like to feel swaddled and secure - nothing amazing about that!

Swaddle Pods gently swaddle the baby, whilst still allowing it move as if it were in the womb. I particularly like the Swaddle Pods for this. Many swaddling blankets and wraps are quite tightly bound around the baby which makes no sense to me at all. To feel swaddled is one thing to be restricted is another.

The Swaddle Pods are also good at maintaining a babies temperature more evenly because they allow the air to circulate. This means that it is less easy for a tiny baby to overheat which is very important in the early days of their life. I have two children who were very bad sleepers as babies. I know lots of people would say the same. I would have liked to have tested out Swaddle Pods...... it might just have helped them to settle more easily from the start. I would have been grateful for even a few moments more sleep!

Swaddle Pods Swaddle Pods Swaddle Pods Swaddle Pods