Sunday 15 March 2009

SEO - I think I get it

Natural SEO..... err I think I get it

After about 12 months of trial and error, reading lots of different types of books (some good / some not so good), listening to fellow web business owners and advise, I think I kind of get it now. What I know now for example if I were to give myself some advise is that 'you don't want to start from here '. Anyway, I am here now but certainly thinking about the platform and tools you use for your website when you first set up can either make you easier and quicker to find.....or not ! Listen to any decent SEO compnay and they can guide you through the thinking and the tools better than I can anyway.

Having got onto page one in Google for a few of our choosen keywords naturally, I just sit back now and wait for the orders to roll in fast than I can cope with right ? Errr wrong, getting onto the first page is only part of the story and thinking about pricing, security, ease of use / navigation and retention of customers is the next phase......

You cannot stay still as adding content, articles, link exchanges, forums and Web 2.0 is an ongoing excercise and suddenly is virtually a fulltime job.

Oh well, no one said running a web business was easy.


4little1s.com is an online nursery furniture and baby bedding retailer