Wednesday 29 June 2011

Pregnancy makes you Smarter ??


Smarter during pregnancy

 Can the fact you are pregnant increase your Intelligence level ?
The thought of becoming pregnant fills the mind with all those practical points that need to be considered, home, money, sleep….nappies ! It has been reported I some groups of people that the fact of being pregnant could actually make you pregnant……sounds interesting, lets read on !
Some scientists are of the view that by being pregnant and all the associated activities of the task of motherhood, may actually increase your memory as well as make it easier for you to learn. It is sometimes thought that even senses such as smell and hearing could even improve.
Well this is all well a good and an interesting read, but to be fair I would certainly say from my own experience that my hearing ‘seems’ to be better than it was. A good example of this being that I now seem to be able to hear my little one breathing in the room next door !......SUPER MUM with super sonic hearing ? Well not quite I assure you, but hey I hear it!
Maybe this could be down to the hormonal changes that happen during pregnancy and motherhood, who know ? But a theory could be that if Mother Nature has anything to do with it, maybe it’s something to do with increasing your senses all round in order to ‘protect’ the newborn.
.Maybe the fact that a lot of new parents experience lack of sleep may even have something to do with it ? Who knows ? but one thing for sure for me, my sense of hearing definitely improved ……IQ levels increased and I am now a MENSA member…..errr, ummm……. I don’t think so !





4little1s.com is an online nursery furniture, baby bedding and baby gifts retailer located at www.4little1s.com